A panel discussion, "The Search for Life in the Universe," will be held at 3:45 p.m Wednesday, May 21, 2014 as part of the 30th Space Symposium. Panelists will include leading thinkers and academics in the fields of astrophysics and astronomy:
- Dave Gallagher, Director for Astronomy and Physics, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- John M. Grunsfeld, Ph.D., Associate Administrator, Science Mission Directorate, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- John C. Mather, Ph.D., Nobel Laureate, Senior Project Scientist, James Webb Space Telescope, NASA
- Matt Mountain, Ph.D., Director, Space Telescope Science Institute
- Sara Seager, Ph.D., MacArthur Fellow, Professor of Planetary Science and Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Moderator: Blake Bullock, Director, Civil Air and Space, Business & Advanced Systems Development Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems.
Location: International Center, meeting room CD, Colorado Springs, CO